Family leaders watch a legislative session at the Annual Day at the Capital.
- Review FLTI of Colorado Site Implementation Guide.
- Identify a host agency/community sponsor.
- Connect with Colorado State University Extension FLTI team and schedule 2-3 hour exploratory “Taste of FLTI” community meeting. Meeting includes FLTI curriculum overview, training implementation and planning processes, state structure, technical assistance, and alumni opportunities.
- Build relationships and schedule meetings with host agency/community sponsor staff, critical community partners, and family engagement champions to inform site implementation and to serve on the Civic Design Team (CDT). Include FLTI alumni if possible. Invite them to Taste of FLTI meeting.
- Define funding sources and create projected local budget (sample budget available).
- Consider potential candidates for site coordinator and other support staff to assist with exploratory efforts.
- Begin to identify potential facilitators.
- Develop an outreach plan and coordinate community presentations. FLTI at CSUE can collaborate and participate as needs arise.
Family leaders speak at their class graduations, expressing what they’ve learned during their FLTI journeys.